GDC Europe 2012 has concluded last week with a record breaking attendance of more than 2100 game professionals. GDC Europe is a much more intimate event for game developers and gamers as compared to GamesCom massive record attendee count of 275,000 people.
According to Gamasutra, the breakdown includes over 100 speakers, 65+ exhibitors and sponsors, and nearly 300 media representatives. To find out what happened during the event, we invite you to visit their GDC Europe 2012 dedicated page.
GamesCom on the other hand reached a little over 275,000 attendees which is approximately the same as 2011. According to event organizers, the absence of Microsoft and Nintendo plus locking the tickets at a set of number prevented Koelnmesse’s overcapacity this year.
Joystiq.com has a list of some of the most interesting trivia about GamesCom 2012 including:
– Croissants consumed at hotel breakfast: 35 (2011: 27).
– Liters of multivitamin juice consumed: 6 (2011: 4).
– Number of times “excess” was experienced: 0.
– Number of times we were confused as working for the French magazine: 1 (2011: 2).
– Number of horse images in our hotel room: 10. Same hotel room as last year.
– Number of times a homeless guy asked us for for cash: 1 (2011: 12; 2010: 0; 2009: 8).
To find out their complete list of official and unofficial stats, checkout their website.
Meanwhile, it has been a wonderful experience for RDI having been able to attend these two events in Cologne, Germany last week. We have posted some photos from the events on Facebook. Feel free to check them out. See you all in 2013!